How we collect information about you
When you visit Splitit.com or use Splitit Services, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. The information sent to us includes data on the pages you access, your computer IP address, device identifiers, the type of operating system you’re using, mobile network information, standard web log data and other information. Web log data includes the browser type you’re using and traffic to and from our site. When you visit Splitit.com or use Splitit Services, we also collect information about your transactions and your activities.
In addition, if you open a Splitit account or use Splitit Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone, email, and other similar information. Information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
- Financial information, such as the full bank account numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your Splitit account or give us when you use Splitit Services.
- Detailed personal information such as your date of birth or social security number.
In order to help protect you from fraud and misuse of your personal information, we may collect information about your use and interaction with our website or Splitit Services. For example, we may evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
What are Cookies and how we use them?
When you access Splitit.com or use Splitit Services, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, “Flash cookies,” or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (“Cookies”). We use these technologies to: recognize you as a customer; customize Splitit Services, content, and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness; help ensure that your account security is not compromised; mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and to promote trust and safety across our sites and Splitit Services.
We use both session and persistent Cookies. Session Cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent Cookies remain on your device until you erase them or they expire.
We encode our Cookies so that we can interpret the information stored in them.
You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website and Splitit Services. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling Cookies.
Your Personal Information and how we protect and store
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information”. Personal Information describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide Splitit Services and customer support;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- customize, measure, and improve Splitit Services and the content, layout, and operation of our websites;
- deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our Terms and Conditions;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We, or a third party acting on our behalf, may use your personal information to send you email offers that may be of special interest to you. If you unsubscribe from these email messages, you will not receive these messages from Splitit via email. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions located at the bottom of the email you received. If you unsubscribe from email solicitations, we will still contact you via email to service and maintain your account relationship. If you receive emails from third parties on behalf of Splitit, you must unsubscribe through the instructions in the email or contact these third parties directly.
We may also hire third parties to track and report performance of advertising and marketing campaigns to and from Splitit and third party web sites. We may combine your information with information we collect from third parties and use it to improve and personalize Splitit Services, content, and advertising.
How we share personal information with third parties
We only share your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
We will not sell or rent any of your personal information to non-affiliated third parties for their marketing purposes, except as disclosed in this policy or unless you have provided consent.
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, account maintenance, marketing and technology services.
- Financial institutions that we partner with to provide joint marketing of products and services, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and fraud, and to guide decisions about the products, services and communications.
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Companies that Splitit plans to merge with or be acquired by. If your personal information could be used contrary to this policy, you will receive prior notice.
- Third parties when required by law or valid judicial process, or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our Terms and Conditions.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
- Our affiliate companies for marketing purposes.
- You can limit the sharing of your information with our affiliates for marketing.
- Non-affiliates for marketing purposes.
- You can limit the sharing or your information with non-affiliates for marketing.
- If you live in Vermont, we will not share information about your creditworthiness with our affiliates for their everyday business purposes, unless you consent to that sharing.
- If you live in California, we will not share information about you: (1) with our affiliates for their own purposes, or (2) for joint marketing with other financial companies.
- Splitit may share information it receives about your creditworthiness with its affiliate companies to market their products and services to you. Splitit affiliates includes companies that are related to it by common ownership or control, and they can be financial companies, and nonfinancial companies.
- You can limit the sharing of information with Splitit’s affiliates.
If you open a Splitit account directly on a third party website or via a third party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on a Splitit website) will be shared with the owner of the third party website or application. These sites are governed by their own privacy policies and you are encouraged to review their privacy policies before providing them with personal information. We are not responsible for the content or information practices of such third parties.
How you can restrict us from sharing your personal information?
Federal law gives you the right to limit the sharing of your personal information only in certain instances.
You can limit the sharing of information with our affiliate companies and with non-affiliates for marketing purposes. If you choose to opt out of sharing your information, you may not be able to continue using your Splitit account. To limit our sharing, e-mail us at email@example.com
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent you this notice for those circumstances where you can limit our sharing. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this policy. However, you can contact Splitit at any time to limit our sharing.
Accessing or changing your personal information
You can review and edit your personal information at any time by logging in to your account and reviewing your account settings and profile.
Contacting us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.