Recently Updated: January 2020
SPLITIT COOKIES POLICY
- What are Cookies (and Similar Technologies)?
- There are different types of cookies. Some cookies come directly from the website or application you are browsing and others come from third parties which place cookies. Such types of cookies are commonly categorized as “First Party Cookies” and “Third Party Cookies”, respectively.
- Cookies can be stored for varying lengths of time on your browser or device.
“Session Cookies” are limited to the duration of you visit to the relevant website or application, and are terminated when you exit the website or application. “Persistent Cookies” will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date.
- Cookies used by SPLITIT
- Splitit may use, with respect to its Website and Services, different cookies, including contain first party cookies and third party cookies, strictly necessary cookies, functionality cookies, and performance (analytic) cookie and advertising cookies.
- Information about your operating system and device;
- Webpages accessed within the Website and Services, the link that led you to there, dates and times you accessed the Website and Services, event information (e.g. system crashes) and general location information (i.e. city or region).
- Information provided on the Website and Services by users in order to streamline the user’s experience and prevent user from having to re-enter information during the next visit to the Splitit’s Website and Services;
- Number of visitors on the Website and Services and which webpages have been viewed;
- To the extent we are using cookies for advertising purposes, we may collect advertising user ID and information associated with targeted advertising.
- Categories of Cookies
- Strictly Necessary Cookies– These cookies are necessary to enable the communication between the user’s device and the website or application, or to provide the user with services requested by him/her, such cookies are used for the sole purpose of carrying out a transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or to allow the provider of an online service to provide its services as explicitly requested by users.
- Functionality Cookies– These cookies allow the website or application to remember choices the user made (such as username, password, language preferences, or region) and provide enhanced, more personal features, to improve the user’s experience on the website or application.
- Performance (Analytic) Cookies– These cookies collect information about how visitors use the website or application, such as which pages visitors go to most often and if they are likely to get error messages from certain pages. These cookies collect aggregate information that does not identify a specific user personally. These cookies are used to improve how a website or application works, analyze use patterns of the website or application, and assist the provider to maintain and improve its services.
- Advertising (Targeting) Cookies– These cookies are used to deliver personalized advertisements to the user. Such cookies may be used to analyze a user’s preferences in accordance with the contextual information about the user’s activities on the website or application (for example, if a user is surfing a webpage displaying an article about a sporting event, cookies may be used to display to the user an advertisement associated with sports fans), or to correlate between a user and information about such user collected from other website or applications (for example, to display to the user an advertisement associated with sports fans based on the user’s profile in other website or applications). These cookies are used to promote advertising campaigns of website and application owners or those of third parties, as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. Advertising cookies are usually placed by advertising networks, which connect between the relevant advertiser and the location of publication of the advertisement.
- How To Manage Cookies
If you do not want cookies to be placed on your device when browsing and using the Website and/or Services, you can adjust your browser settings to manage or reject such cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your browser. These settings are usually found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your Internet browser. For more information on how to change your browser settings, click on the Help section of your Internet browser. Most Internet browsers also allow you to see what cookies are currently stored on your device and selectively delete them as you wish.
See below links to common browsers enabling the control of cookies:
Please note however, that if you choose to disable certain cookies, some features of the Website and/or Services may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
- Changes and Updates
- Cookies used on the Splitit Services
The following cookies are used on the Splitit Services:
|Google Analytics||Analytic, Measurement and Performance||https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
|Forter||Essential, Operation & Security Cookies||https://www.forter.com/service-privacy-policy/|
|Intercom||Functionality and Communication||https://www.intercom.com/terms-and-policies#privacy|
|Splitit Login Cookies||Functionality||–|