LEGAL & PCI
- PCI DSS Certification
- Splitit Privacy & Cookies Policy
- Data Protection Addendum
- Splitit Merchant Terms & Conditions
- Splitit Shopper Terms & Conditions
- Splitit Infringement, General Website, and Software Licensing Agreements
Last Update: May 2019
Welcome to SPLITIT. Using SPLITIT allows you to offer a new form of instalment payments or deferred payment that uses your customer’s existing credit or debit card and works through your existing payment processor. This new payment form provides convenience to your customers, increases your customers’ ability to make purchases at your establishment and helps speed payment to your account. SPLITIT can also be used to process non-deferred card payments.
Before offering SPLITIT to your customers, you must read, agree with, and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Merchant Agreement. Your first use of the SPLITIT Services and SPLITIT Platform constitutes your acceptance of the terms of this Merchant Agreement and forms a legally binding contract. We will not accept your alterations to or deletions of any part of the Merchant Agreement and, if made, any such alterations or deletions shall not apply. You further acknowledge that all SPLITIT Services referenced in this Merchant Agreement may not be available to you. Your Application will indicate those SPLITIT Services you have elected to accept, or to not accept.
We may amend this Merchant Agreement, including the Fee Schedule, at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version, and any revised directions, will be effective as of the time we post it. However, where the revised version includes a material change, including a change in the Fee Schedule, we will provide you with 30 days’ prior notice of such material change by posting notice of the proposed change on the “Policy Updates” page of our website, and with respect to any change to the Fee Schedule, by also providing you with 30 days’ prior notice (electronically or by other reasonable means). If you would like to receive notification by email of new Policy Updates, you may do so by notifying SPLITIT in writing, including by e-mail. If you do not agree with any notified change or with any change to the Fee Schedule then you may terminate your use of the SPLITIT Services and SPLITIT Platform pursuant to this Merchant Agreement.
This Merchant Agreement (“Merchant Agreement”), together with the Merchant Application (“Application”) you complete, form a contract between the merchant identified in the Application (“you”, “yours”, “your” or “Merchant”) and Splitit Payments Ltd ARBN 629 557 982 (“we”, “us”, “our”, or “SPLITIT”), and each of Merchant and SPLITIT shall be referred to in this Merchant Agreement as a “Party” (and together as the “Parties”).
- DESCRIPTION OF the SPLITIT SERVICES
This Merchant Agreement governs your use of SPLITIT to provide payment processing services, including for instalment payments and deferred payments (“SPLITIT Instalments”), as well your use of our proprietary software products (the “SPLITIT Platform”) that works through your existing processor, each as described more fully herein and on the SPLITIT website, and as selected by you in the Application (collectively the “SPLITIT Services”).
- SPLITIT Instalment Processing Via The SPLITIT Platform.
- SPLITIT Platform. Merchant is able to accept immediate, deferred or instalment payments for any sales transaction for goods or services (“Transaction”) processed through Merchant’s existing processor through the use of the SPLITIT Platform. For each Transaction, utilising the Consumer’s available credit on a pre-existing credit or debit card that relies on the Visa, MasterCard or any other approved card network (a “Card Network”), the SPLITIT Platform shall seek authorisation from the card issuer of the total payment amount of the Transaction. Then, at the time that any deferred or instalment payment is processed utilising the Consumer’s credit or debit card, the SPLITIT Platform will also seek a new authorisation from the card issuer for the then remaining outstanding balance of the Transaction. Where necessary, the Splitit Platform will renew the authorisation for the outstanding balance of the Transaction not less than once each month or 21 days. Notwithstanding the two situations described in the last sentence of Section 1.1(c), Merchant will provide the purchased goods and/or services to the Consumer at the time of purchase in accordance with Merchant’s policies. Where the Consumer will be making instalment payments, the Consumer will pay the Merchant in monthly instalments (each payment an “Instalment”) on such terms as the Merchant and the Consumer may agree.
- Election not to authorise. In the event that Merchant opts to proceed with a Transaction without securing an authorisation from the card issuer, then Merchant shall bear any and all risk for any non-payment in connection with such Transaction, unless otherwise agreed with SPLITIT in advance.
- Notice of Shipment or Receipt of Goods. Merchant understands and agrees that SPLITIT will seek authorisation of a Transaction at the time of purchase. Where a Customer is to pay by immediate payment, or by agreed instalments where the payment date for the first instalment is not deferred, Merchant understands and agrees that SPLITIT will process the payment request for the Consumer’s payment, or first instalment payment when SPLITIT receives sufficient notification (the “Notice”) from the Merchant that the goods or services purchased by the Consumer were taken or received by the Consumer upon completion of a physical Transaction, or shipped in the case of an e-commerce Transaction completed online. However, Merchant understands and agrees that SPLITIT may process the Consumer’s first instalment payment at the time of the purchase, and before SPLITIT receives Notice from the Merchant, in the following scenarios: (a) if the Consumer has agreed to a delayed delivery transaction or an advance deposit transaction, or (b) in the case of prepayment for services or custom merchandise, and where Merchant advises the Consumer of the immediate billing at the time of the transaction.
- Exclusivity and Required Use of SPLITIT Instalments and Materials.
By agreeing to use the SPLITIT Services, you must offer SPLITIT Instalments as a payment option to your customers. From time to time, SPLITIT may propose product upgrades and new solutions that, among other things, may be tailored to the Merchant’s and the customers’ business and activity. By agreeing to use the SPLITIT Services, you hereby agree to implement these upgrades and solutions on a best practice basis.
You shall use reasonable efforts to cooperate with SPLITIT in marketing and promotional campaigns, which will be mutually agreed by SPLITIT and Merchant. Merchants agree to adequately display SPLITIT name and logo wherever Merchant markets, sells or promotes SPLITIT Services, and SPLITIT name and logo must be displayed with equal prominence to the logos for your other payment options. Merchant further agrees to promote SPLITIT using one of the proposed placement set forth in the best practice guidelines attached hereto as Exhibit A. You shall not discriminate against SPLITIT Instalments, nor discourage its use, as a payment option over any other payment option offered by you. You shall cease to use or display such service marks immediately upon notice from SPLITIT or upon termination of this Merchant Agreement. You hereby undertake that before using any other solution than SPLITIT to provide instalment or deferred payment processing services and/or securitised instalment payments, you will provide SPLITIT with 60 days prior written notice. The Parties agree that: money damages would not be a sufficient remedy for any breach or threatened breach of this Section 1.2 by Merchant; that SPLITIT shall be entitled to specific performance and injunctive or other equitable relief as a remedy for any such breach; and the Parties waive any requirement for the security or posting of any bond in connection with such remedy. Such remedy shall not be deemed to be the exclusive remedy for breach of this Section 1.2 but shall be in addition to all other remedies available to SPLITIT at law or equity. Merchant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless SPLITIT for any damage, loss, cost or liability relating to or resulting from any breach of this Section 1.2, including all legal fees and disbursements and the costs of enforcing this Merchant Agreement or any action for relief pursuant to this Section 1.2.
- Agreement with the Consumer.
For each and every Transaction, the Merchant shall provide the Consumer with, and shall ensure the Consumer’s execution of, an Agreement (entitled “Buyer Terms – Australia”) and a Payment Authorisation and the accompanying Terms and Conditions (collectively, the Consumer Agreement) in the exact form as attached in Exhibit B without any modification or alteration. The Consumer Agreement shall obtain the Consumer’s consent to the authorisation and charging of the full amount of the Transaction to the Consumer’s payment card, along with authorisation for the charging of the specified number of Instalments and the amount of each Instalment. The Consumer Agreement shall also clearly notify the Consumer that SPLITIT may obtain authorisations on the Consumer’s credit or debit card at any time for the outstanding amounts due, until the Transaction balance is paid in full. The Consumer Agreement shall further provide that in case of rejection by the card issuer of any instalment payment request and/or authorisation request for the remaining outstanding balance, the total outstanding amount for the Transaction may be collected. SPLITIT may contact the Consumer in order to obtain other credit or debit card information.
- Merchant Recordkeeping.
Merchant shall retain and preserve for each Transaction for at least 3 years: (a) in the event of a cardholder-present transaction, an electronic record of the Consumer’s authorisation for the debit to the Consumer’s card of the full amount of the Transaction; (b) in the event of an online transaction, confirmation of online authorisation from the Consumer in a form acceptable to SPLITIT; and if relevant (c) proof of shipment or receipt by the Consumer of any goods or services.
- Merchant Reporting.
Promptly following the completion of the initial three (3) months of Transaction activity using the SPLITIT Platform, and thereafter on an annual basis, Merchant shall provide SPLITIT with certain information regarding Transaction activity, as reasonably requested by SPLITIT, in order to allow Splitit to use this information to develop, prepare and publish promotional material with regard to the benefits arising for, or available to, Merchant in using the SPLITIT Platform and, where applicable, to develop a business case for Merchant. However, any such information provided to SPLITIT shall be subject to the confidentiality obligations under this Merchant Agreement, will not be disclosed in conjunction with the name of Merchant without the prior written consent of the Merchant, or will only be disclosed on an anonymous or aggregated basis.
The Parties understand and agree that any fraudulent activities or other credit risk activities associated with a Transaction are the sole responsibility of the Merchant. Merchant acknowledges and understands that Splitit has the right, in its sole discretion, to use and incorporate fraud detection technologies or other similar preventive tools of third parties in the Splitit Services (“Fraud Tools”), such Fraud Tools are designed and used to provide Splitit a higher level of transactions screening and the ability to detect fraud and invalid transactions. Merchant acknowledges that any Fraud Tools incorporated within the Splitit Services may be involve additional charges imposed on Merchant, as specified in the Fee Schedule applicable from time to time.
- Customer Surveys.
By agreeing to use the SPLITIT Services, you hereby agree that SPLITIT may, independently and without notice to you, conduct customer satisfaction and similar surveys with any or all of your customers that make Instalment payments in order to, among other things, measure customer satisfaction, improve the SPLITIT Services and improve the SPLITIT Platform. Results of these surveys shall be proprietary and confidential information of SPLITIT and SPLITIT shall be under no obligation to share the results of such surveys with Merchant.
- SPLITIT liability.
With respect to any Transaction, if the Merchant is unable to collect any amount owed to it pursuant to such Transaction and (i) such inability to collect is directly and proximately caused by the SPLITIT Platform’s failure to timely secure an authorisation from the credit or debit card issuer, failure to successfully issue a new authorisation request or failure to timely submit a capture; and (ii) Merchant has made best efforts to collect such amount from the Consumer for no less than thirty (30) days, then SPLITIT shall be liable to Merchant for any amount Merchant is unable to collect from the Consumer as a result of such failure, provided, however, that Merchant will assign to SPLITIT any and all of Merchant’s rights to collect such amount from the Consumer. For the avoidance of doubt SPLITIT will not be liable for any amount Merchant is able to collect from the Consumer, whether through the SPLITIT Platform or otherwise, and will not be liable for any consequential, special, indirect or incidental damages of any kind or nature, whatsoever.
- Fee Schedule.
Merchant agrees to pay to us the fees (Fees) set out in the service fee schedule (“Fee Schedule”), as initially set out in the Application, and to do so on or before the time for payment set out in the Fee Schedule. Merchant shall also execute a Credit Card authorisation (“Merchant Authorisation”) and a DDR Service Agreement (DDR Authority) in the form attached to, or provided with, the Application so as to allow SPLITIT to obtain payment of amounts due to it by Merchant from Merchant’s credit card or bank account. The Fee Schedule, as applicable from time to time, forms part of the terms of this Merchant Agreement.
We reserve the right to suspend or discontinue some or all of the SPLITIT Services in the event that any Fees remain unpaid for more than three (3) days after the due date.
- Payment Terms
- Despite section 2.1, you agree that the usual means of payment of any amount payable by you to SPLITIT will be from amounts due to you from your existing merchant acquirer (“Acquirer”) in respect of funds received by the Acquirer from the relevant Consumer’s card issuers. Such payments to us are to be made under your irrevocable instruction to your Acquirer.
- You also agree to allow SPLITIT to charge the credit card or bank account that you have notified to us from time to time with the payment of the Fees that become due and payable to us under this Merchant Agreement. Your authority to charge your notified credit card or bank account shall remain in full force and effect until the later of: (i) 30 days after we have received written notification from you of your request for termination of this Merchant Agreement; and (ii) SPLITIT has collected all Fees due and owing from you under this Merchant Agreement. In the event of any change to your nominated bank account or credit card, you shall promptly provide us with a updated and valid DDR Authority or Merchant Authorisation that details the new account to which we may charge amounts payable to us. If you fail to do so, we may immediately suspend or discontinue the provision of some or all of the SPLITIT Services to you, without liability, until such information is provided to us, and/or terminate this Merchant Agreement and take other necessary actions to protect our interest. You acknowledge that any change in account information may not be acted on by us until the month following the month in which we receive such notice. If we agree not to require payment by DDR Authority, you shall pay us by bank transfer or by other means we may designate, such payments to be made in accordance with the Fee Schedules or as otherwise applicable pursuant to this Section 2.
- Other Fees and Charges
- Late Fees.
You shall incur a late fee in the amount set forth in the Fee Schedule if any amounts due to us under this Merchant Agreement are not paid in accordance with this Section 2. In addition, you shall be subject to a finance charge equal to one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month on the overdue amount, determined and compounded daily from the date due until the date paid. Payment of such late fee(s) and finance charge(s) will not excuse or cure any breach or default for late payment. We may accept any cheque or payment from you without prejudice to our rights to recover the balance due or to pursue any other right or remedy. No endorsement or statement on any cheque or payment or any correspondence accompanying any cheque or payment or elsewhere will be construed as an accord or satisfaction. On each occurrence when we are unable to collect Fees from you for any reason, including but not limited to insufficient funds, closed account, or any other negative response, we may charge you a return payment fee in the amount set forth in the Fee Schedule. You agree to pay all costs and expenses, of whatever nature, including legal fees, incurred by us or on our behalf in connection with the collection of any unpaid charges and Fees.
- Advance Deposit of Funds for Payment of Fees.
If there are credit-worthiness or international banking reasons for us to do so (as we may reasonably determine in our sole discretion), we may require you make and you agree to make a deposit of funds (of an amount reasonably determined by us) in a non-interest-bearing account as we direct, as an advance on the payment of Fees. We will make automatic withdrawals against such advance deposits in accordance with our normal billing practices as described herein. You will be required to replenish the advanced deposits periodically where the balance on such deposits falls below the minimum amount as we may direct you from time to time in our discretion. Upon termination of this Merchant Agreement, any unused funds in your advanced deposit account after the payment of all Fees and other associated expenses will be returned to you within a reasonable period of time, in the normal course of business, without interest.
- OPERATIONS AND PROCEDURES
- Compliance with Visa and MasterCard.
Merchant agrees to be bound by the operating regulations and rules of Visa, MasterCard and any other card association or network organisation utilised by SPLITIT in accordance with this Merchant Agreement (the “Rules”), as any of the above referenced documents may be modified and amended from time to time. Merchant acknowledges that the Rules are located on the Visa and MasterCard websites.
- Third Party-Compliance.
Merchant shall be compliant with the standards of the PCI Security Standards Council (or its replacement body or successor) in force from time to time, including the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, Payment Application Data Security Standard and the PIN Transaction Security Standard, as updated from time to time (together, the “PCI SSC”) and will annually validate such compliance. Merchant further agrees to comply with and be bound by, and to cause any third party who provides Merchant with services related to payment processing or facilitates Merchant’s ability to accept credit and debit cards and who is not a party to this Merchant Agreement to comply with and be bound by, the Rules and regulations of Visa and MasterCard, and any other card association or network organisation related to cardholders and transaction information security, including, without limitation, the PCI SSC, Visa’s Cardholder Information Security Program and MasterCard’s Site Data Protection Program.
- Indemnification for Fines and Penalties.
Merchant will indemnify and hold harmless SPLITIT and anyone acting on SPLITIT’s behalf from any fines and penalties issued by Visa, MasterCard or any card association or network organisation and any other fees and costs arising out of or relating to the processing of Transactions by SPLITIT through the SPLITIT Platform and will promptly reimburse SPLITIT for any such fines, penalties, fees and costs.
Merchant shall be entitled to request the processing of a refund of an Instalment payment within 30 days following the first Instalment payment for a Transactions but in any case, before the payment of the second Instalment. In case a request of a refund instruction is duly submitted to SPLITIT by the Merchant, SPLITIT shall process such refund instruction and cancel the remaining instalment payments under the Transaction. SPLITIT shall not be responsible for acting on any refund instruction that shall be submitted to SPLITIT outside the above timeframes; however, Merchant shall be entitled, on its own expense, to independently apply to the applicable card issuer and any other relevant third party in order to have such refund approved, and if such refund is approved by all relevant parties, and SPLITIT is notified of such approval, SPLITIT shall process such refund and cancel the remaining instalment payments under the Transaction.
SPLITIT integrates with Merchant’s existing payment processor utilising the Card Networks. Merchant understands that obtaining an authorisation for any SPLITIT Transaction shall not constitute a guarantee of payment, and such Transaction can be returned or charged back to Merchant like any other transaction, including on an indication of an illegal activity or a fraud identified by the Fraud Tools. In such case, Splitit shall have the sole discretion to decline or suspend a Transaction, based on the risk assessment provided by the Fraud Tools. In the event of a chargeback, Merchant shall exercise commercially reasonable efforts to promptly resolve the chargeback with Merchant’s payment processor. Merchant shall be solely liable for any chargeback initiated by Merchant’s customer and Merchant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless SPLITIT for any damage, loss, cost or liability relating to or resulting from any chargeback initiated by Merchant’s customer. If a customer disputes any Transaction or Instalment processed by SPLITIT, where the Transaction or Instalment is charged back for any reason by the Consumer’s card issuer, or if SPLITIT has any reason to believe a SPLITIT Instalment previously issued is not valid or otherwise deemed to be improper by SPLITIT in its sole discretion, including by reason of any indication received from the Fraud Tools incorporated within the Splitit Services, any outstanding fees owed to Merchant may be deducted from any payment due to Merchant or may be charged against any of Merchant’s accounts. Merchant acknowledges and agrees that it is bound by the Rules of the Card Networks with respect to any chargeback. Upon SPLITIT’s receipt of any notice of chargeback for a Transaction, SPLITIT shall provide such notice to Merchant, and SPLITIT may immediately terminate all activities regarding the Transaction. Merchant shall respond to such notice within two (2) business days by advising SPLITIT whether Merchant disputes such chargeback, and SPLITIT shall deem Merchant’s failure to respond within such period as Merchant’s consent to the chargeback.
- Effect of Chargebacks.
In the event of a chargeback, SPLITIT will be unable to ensure the enforceability or assignability of the Transaction during chargeback processing. Merchant acknowledges that Merchant was informed of and understands the foregoing. Therefore, even if Merchant is successful in opposing the chargeback, SPLITIT cannot assure processing of the remaining Instalments. In this scenario, Merchant hereby acknowledges and agrees that any recourse available to the Consumer by Merchant will be solely based on the terms of the sale agreement between those two parties.
- Point of Sale Terminals and Merchant Accounts.
Each Merchant shall have a separate Merchant ID (“MID“). When applicable, the Parties agree that for every point of sale that uses the SPLITIT Services, Merchant will establish a Terminal ID (“TID”). The TID and the MID will be operated by SPLITIT. Merchant shall provide SPLITIT with the TID, and the user name and password for such TID. Merchant hereby grants SPLITIT the irrevocable authorisation to check and verify with any gateway and/or acquirer the TID, user name and password for any TID.
- Reserves and other Protective Actions.
If SPLITIT determines, in its sole discretion, that Merchant’s Account receives, or is likely to receive, a disproportionately high number of customer complaints, fraudulent transactions, reversals, chargebacks, disputes, claims, fees, fines, penalties or other liability (collectively “Risk Factors”), SPLITIT may take certain actions in connection with Merchant’s Account and/or Merchant’s use of the SPLITIT Services in order to secure the performance of Merchant’s obligations under this Merchant Agreement.
- Termination of New Transaction Acceptance.
SPLITIT may refuse to process all future Transactions until future notice or permanently. However, SPLITIT will continue to provide processing and authorisation requests for existing Transactions until the last Instalment is paid. SPLITIT’s obligation to seek such continued authorisations is subject to the terms of this Merchant Agreement, including, without limitation, the Chargeback and Refund provisions. Merchant agrees to pay all SPLITIT’s fees during such period.
- Additional Actions.
SPLITIT may take other reasonable actions SPLITIT determines are necessary to protect it against the Risk Factors associated with Merchant’s SPLITIT Account, including requesting additional collateral from Merchant such as a letter of credit or a personal guarantee. SPLITIT may contact Merchant’s customers, on its behalf, in the event that SPLITIT is investigating potential fraud.
Merchant agrees that, in the event of a default by Merchant, and in furtherance of its rights described herein and otherwise, SPLITIT has a right of setoff and may apply any of Merchant’s deposit balances or any other monies due SPLITIT from Merchant towards the payment of amounts due from Merchant under the terms of this Merchant Agreement. The rights stated herein are in addition to any other rights SPLITIT may have under applicable law.
- Financial and Other Information.
- Books and Records.
SPLITIT reserves the right to reassess your eligibility for any of the SPLITIT Services if your business is or becomes materially different from the information you provided in your Application. SPLITIT may request at any time and you agree to provide commercially relevant information about your financial condition. You agree to retain copies of all paper and electronic sales records and credit requests submitted to SPLITIT for a period of three (3) years from receipt of funds in the last Instalment, or such longer period of time as may be required by the Rules of the card associations or network organisations, by law, or by SPLITIT as specifically requested in writing. You further agree that SPLITIT and anyone acting on SPLITIT’s behalf may seek injunctive relief with respect to your failure to furnish financial or other information upon request.
- Credit Report Authorisation.
You understand and agree that where we are performing tasks or actions in relation to a securitisation of your receivables, or are otherwise legally permitted to do so, SPLITIT may obtain your, or any of your owners’, officers’, shareholders’, partners’, proprietors’, managing agents’ or guarantors’ credit reports from a credit reference agency. You further understand and agree that, in such circumstances, you are authorising SPLITIT to obtain your credit report on an ongoing basis for account review purposes.
- Release and Exchange of Financial Information.
You hereby authorise any depository institution to release any financial information concerning Merchant or its accounts to SPLITIT. SPLITIT may exchange information about Merchant, Merchant’s owners, principals, partners, proprietors, officers, shareholders, managing agents and guarantors with other financial institutions and credit card associations and network organisations that may reasonably request such information. Merchant hereby authorises SPLITIT to disclose such information without any liability whatsoever to Merchant.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Grant of Non-Exclusive License for SPLITIT Platform.
During the Term of this Merchant Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, non-transferrable, limited right to use the SPLITIT Platform, so long as you are current in paying all applicable Fees in accordance with this Merchant Agreement subject to the restrictions contained herein and restrictions communicated to you in the future by us. Merchant acknowledges the SPLITIT Platform under this Merchant Agreement is subject to a patent issued to SPLITIT by the United States Patent and Trademark Origination on July 4, 2013, as Patent number 8290864, and is further subject to a patent published by the World Intellectual Property Organisation on October 4, 2014, as application number, WO/2014/053920 and is further subject to SPLITIT’s pending applications for patents.
Merchant shall not obtain title, copyrights or any other proprietary right to the SPLITIT Platform. At all times, SPLITIT retain all rights to the SPLITIT Platform, including but not limited to updates, enhancements and additions. Merchant shall not disclose the SPLITIT Platform to any party, convey, copy, license, sublicense, modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, tamper with, create any derivative work based or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or trade secrets of the SPLITIT Platform or related technology.
- Use of Platform.
Merchant’s use of the SPLITIT Platform shall be limited to that expressly authorised by SPLITIT. SPLITIT’s suppliers and vendors are intended third-party beneficiaries of this Merchant Agreement to the extent of any terms herein pertaining to such suppliers’ ownership rights; such suppliers have the right to rely on and directly enforce such terms against Merchant. Merchant shall use and operate the SPLITIT Platform only for the SPLITIT Services.
- Use of Trademarks.
Except as authorised in this Merchant Agreement, you shall not take any actions inconsistent with our ownership of SPLITIT Platform, our trademarks and any associated registrations or attack the validity thereof. You shall not use the SPLITIT Platform or our trademarks in any manner that would indicate that you are using such SPLITIT Platform or our trademarks other than as a licensee nor assist any third party to do the same.
- Compliance withLaws.
You agree that you will comply, at your own expense, with all applicable laws, regulations, rules, ordinances and orders of governmental authorities having jurisdiction over such matters. You shall not use the SPLITIT Platform in any manner, or in furtherance of any activity that may cause us to be subject to investigation, prosecution or legal action. We reserve the right to amend, modify or change our policies, procedures and guidelines, and you shall comply with all of our then current policies, procedures and guidelines governing the SPLITIT Platform.
- SPLITIT Platform Service and Maintenance.
Merchant will promptly notify SPLITIT of any failure or other incident resulting in the loss of use of the SPLITIT Platform or need for repair or maintenance, whereupon SPLITIT will use commercially reasonable efforts to repair or make the necessary arrangements to obtain required maintenance. Merchant shall cooperate with SPLITIT in its attempt to diagnose any problem with the SPLITIT Platform. In the event Merchant’s SPLITIT Platform requires additional software, Merchant is obligated to cooperate with SPLITIT to achieve service restoration. Merchant acknowledges that SPLITIT does not warrant that any such repair or maintenance efforts will be successful. If SPLITIT’s efforts are not successful, Merchant may terminate this Merchant Agreement in accordance with Section 3. The foregoing shall constitute your sole remedy, and our sole liability, for interruptions, outages or others delays in the SPLITIT Services or SPLITIT Platform.
- Use of Merchant Promotional Materials.
Merchant shall make available to SPLITIT certain Merchant logos, button links, text links, and/or other graphic material for display and use by SPLITIT for marketing and promotion, including on its website, social media, public announcements and media releases (the “Promotional Materials”). Merchant agrees that SPLITIT may prominently display the Promotional Material on SPLITIT’s website in a reasonable manner. During the Term of this Merchant Agreement, Merchant grants SPLITIT a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use any of Merchant’s intellectual property necessary to display the Promotional Materials for marketing and promotional purposes.
Merchant agrees to make commercially reasonable efforts to add to their website(s), if any, hyperlinks to the websites of SPLITIT within thirty (30) days after execution of this Agreement. SPLITIT will provide any necessary technical support to assist Merchant with timely complying with this provision
Merchant agrees that by accepting and using the SPLITIT Services, Merchant will receive from SPLITIT certain property and highly sensitive information, including but not limited to the SPLITIT Platform.
“Confidential Information” shall mean any and all technical and non-technical information disclosed, provided or made available by SPLITIT to Merchant, either directly or indirectly, in writing, electronically, orally or by inspection of tangible objects (including without limitation documents, prototypes, samples, materials and equipment), for the purpose of evaluating a Transaction, at any time, including prior to the date hereof, which includes, but is not limited, to proprietary information, marketing techniques and know-how, data compilations, analyses, projections, techniques, sketches, drawings, works of authorship, models, inventions, know-how, processes, apparatuses, equipment, algorithms, software programs, software source documents, and formulae related to the current, future, and proposed products and services of SPLITIT.
- Exclusions from Confidential Information.
Confidential Information shall not include any information which (i) was publicly known and made generally available in the public domain prior to the time of disclosure by SPLITIT; (ii) becomes publicly known and made generally available after disclosure by SPLITIT through no action or inaction of Merchant; (iii) is already in the possession of Merchant at the time of disclosure by SPLITIT as proven by written records; or (iv) is obtained by Merchant from a third party without a breach of such third party’s obligations of confidentiality.
- Non-use and Nondisclosure.
Merchant agrees not to use any Confidential Information of SPLITIT for any purpose except those purposes stated herein.
- Required Disclosure.
If Merchant is required by law, any governmental or regulatory authority or by a court of competent jurisdiction (by oral questions, interrogatories, requests for information, civil investigative demand, or similar legal process) to disclose any Confidential Information, Merchant will provide SPLITIT with prompt written notice of such requirement(s) so that SPLITIT may seek an appropriate protective order or waive compliance with the provisions of this Merchant Agreement, and Merchant will cooperate with SPLITIT to obtain any such protective order. If, failing the entry of a protective order or the receipt of a waiver hereunder, Merchant, in the opinion of its counsel, is legally compelled to disclose Confidential Information, Merchant may disclose only that portion of such Confidential Information as is legally required; provided, that Merchant agrees to use commercially reasonable efforts to obtain assurance that confidential treatment will be afforded to such Confidential Information; provided, further that Merchant shall promptly notify SPLITIT, in writing, of Merchant’s determination to make such disclosure and the scope and contents of such disclosure.
- Maintenance of Confidentiality.
Merchant agrees that it shall take reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of and avoid disclosure and unauthorised use of the Confidential Information. Without limiting the foregoing, Merchant shall use at least that degree of care that it takes to protect its own confidential information of a similar nature, but in no event less than reasonable care, and shall ensure that its employees and representatives who have access to Confidential Information have signed a non-use and nondisclosure agreement protecting Confidential Information that is substantially similar in content to the provisions hereof, prior to any disclosure of Confidential Information to such employees.
- Return of Materials.
All documents and other tangible objects containing or representing Confidential Information which have been disclosed by SPLITIT to Merchant, and all copies thereof which are in the possession of Merchant, shall be and remain the property of SPLITIT and shall be promptly returned to SPLITIT, or destroyed, upon SPLITIT’s written request.
The Parties agree that money damages would not be a sufficient remedy for any breach or threatened breach of this Section 5 by Merchant, and that SPLITIT shall be entitled to specific performance and injunctive or other equitable relief as a remedy for any such breach, and the Parties further agree to waive any requirement for the security or posting of any bond in connection with such remedy. Such remedy shall not be deemed to be the exclusive remedy for breach of this Section 5.7 but shall be in addition to all other remedies available to SPLITIT at law or equity. Merchant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless SPLITIT from any damage, loss, cost or liability relating to or resulting from any unauthorised use or disclosure by Merchant of the Confidential Information, including all legal fees and disbursements and the costs of enforcing this Merchant Agreement or any action for relief pursuant to this Section 5.7.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
Each Party represents and warrants to the other that (i) this Merchant Agreement constitutes a legal, valid and binding obligation, enforceable against it in accordance with its terms; (ii) the Party’s obligations under this Merchant Agreement do not violate any law or breach any other agreement to which such party is bound; (iii) it has all necessary right, power and ability to execute this Merchant Agreement and to perform its obligations therein; and (iv) no authorisation or approval from any third party is required in connection with such Party’s execution, delivery or performance of this Merchant Agreement.
You represent and warrant that you are engaged in a lawful business and are duly licensed to conduct such business under the laws of all jurisdictions in which you conduct business. You further represent and warrant that all statements made by you in this Merchant Agreement, or in any other document relating hereto by you or on your behalf, are true, accurate and complete in all material respects.
- Compliance with Applicable Laws.
You will comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules, ordinances, and orders of governmental authorities having jurisdiction over you and your business. You will further comply with the PCI SSC, and any other regulatory body or agency having jurisdiction over the subject matter hereof or any association recognised within the applicable industry. You will comply with all material terms of the then-current policies, procedures, and guidelines of SPLITIT governing the SPLITIT Services.
You represent that each Transaction delivered hereunder will represent a bona fide sale to an authorised cardholder by you for the amount shown on the sales record, which shall accurately described the goods and services sold and constitutes the binding obligation of the cardholder, free from any claim, demand, defence, setoff or other adverse claim whatsoever. You will fulfil completely all of your obligations to the cardholder and will resolve any consumer dispute or complaint directly with the cardholder.
It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply in connection with your use of the SPLITIT Services and SPLITIT Platform, including to collect, report and remit the correct tax to the appropriate tax authority. The Parties agree that they shall co-operate with each other and co-ordinate their mutual efforts concerning audits, or other such inquiries, filings, reports, etc., as may relate solely to the activities or transactions arising from or under this Merchant Agreement, which may be required or initiated from or by any duly authorised governmental tax authority.
SPLITIT represents and warrants that SPLITIT Services provided to you hereunder will substantially conform to applicable laws and regulations and shall be provided in a timely and commercially reasonable manner. You acknowledge that the SPLITIT Services are designed for use with certain third-party programs, including, without limitation, certain internet browser software programs. You will look solely to the developers and manufacturers of such programs with regard to warranty, maintenance or other support regarding the same. We do not warrant the services of any third party, including, without limitation, any Third Party Service Providers, Affiliate Partners, VARS, or Card Associations. SPLITIT is and will take responsibility for its errors and omission in the operation of SPLITIT’s system. Merchant agrees that SPLITIT has no responsibility whatsoever for the actions or inactions of other participants in the processing the SPLITIT Instalments, including, but not limited to, any customer, Merchant, gateway, or acquirer.
The Parties agree that money damages would not be a sufficient remedy for any breach or threatened breach of this Section 6 by Merchant and that SPLITIT shall be entitled to specific performance and injunctive or other equitable relief as a remedy for any such breach. The Parties further agree to waive any requirement for the security or posting of any bond in connection with such remedy. Such remedy shall not be deemed to be the exclusive remedy for breach of this Section 6.7 but shall be in addition to all other remedies available to SPLITIT at law or equity. Merchant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless SPLITIT from any damage, loss, cost or liability relating to or resulting from any unauthorised use or disclosure by the Merchant of the Confidential Information, including all legal fees and disbursements and the costs of enforcing this Merchant Agreement or any action for relief pursuant to this Section.
- DATA SECURITY
- Data Usage
- By Merchant.
- Data Usage
Merchant agrees that it will use any personal, financial, card, or Transaction information (“Card Data”) obtained from a cardholder in connection with a card Transaction solely for the purpose of processing a Transaction with that cardholder or attempting to re-present a chargeback with respect to a Transaction. Merchant agrees to comply with all applicable and then-current legal obligations and security measures of any nation, state, or governmental authority having jurisdiction over Merchant, including without limitation, those issued by the PCI SSC and any other applicable governing body in connection with your collection, security and dissemination of any Card Data on your website. Merchant is fully responsible for the security of data on its website or otherwise in its possession or control. Merchant agrees and confirms that any disclosure, transfer, use of Card Data and other personal data, in connection with the Splitit Services is governed by the Data Protection Addendum (the “DPA”). These Terms and Conditions together with applicable additional terms and conditions, commercial agreements and the DPA constitute the written agreement between SPLITIT and Merchant.
- By SPLITIT.
SPLITIT will collect, retain, use and share information and Card Data collected from Merchant or Merchant’s customer in accordance with our then-current Privacy Policies, the Privacy Act 1988 and all regulations and data protection principles made thereunder, and all other applicable law or regulation relating to data protection that may be relevant to SPLITIT, as amended from time to time, and in the provision of the SPLITIT Services and will maintain compliance with the PCI SSC. In our use of your Card Data, SPLITIT may collect and hold personal or non-public information about you and your customers for the purpose of considering eligibility for the SPLITIT Services and for the purpose of providing Merchant with the SPLITIT Services. SPLITIT and our subsidiaries, Affiliate Partners, Third Party Service Providers, suppliers and/or their agents and/or contractors may transfer Card Data among themselves solely for the purpose of providing the Merchant with the SPLITIT Services. SPLITIT may further transfer Card Data (a) with non-affiliated entities that assist SPLITIT in providing the SPLITIT Services; or (b) as may be required by law or court order. SPLITIT will use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard Card Data transmitted while using SPLITIT Services. SPLITIT does not warrant that Card Data will be free from unauthorised interception or modification or that Card Data will not be accessed or compromised by any unauthorised third parties.
- PCI SSC Compliance.
You expressly agree that at all times you shall be compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (“PCI DSS”) and the Payment Application Data Security Standards (“PA DSS”), as applicable. You agree to promptly provide us with documentation evidencing your compliance with PCI DSS and/or PA DSS if requested by us. You also agree that you will use only PCI compliant service providers in connection with the storage, or transmission of Card Data defined as a cardholder’s account number, expiration date, and CVV2. You must not store CVV2 data at any time.
- Data Storage.
Unless you receive the express consent of the Consumer, you may not retain, track, monitor, store or otherwise use Card Data beyond the scope of the Transaction. Further, unless you receive the written consent of each Acquirer and/or the Card Network, as applicable, you agree that you will not use nor disclose the Card Data for any purpose other than to support payment for your goods and services. Card Data must be completely removed from your systems, and any other place where you store Card Data, within 24 hours after you receive an authorisation decision unless you have received the written consent of your customer to retain the Card Data for the sole purpose of processing recurring payments. To the extent that Card Data resides on your systems and other storage locations, it should do so only for the express purpose of processing your Transactions. All Card Data and other information provided to you by SPLITIT in relationship to the SPLITIT Services and all Card Data will remain the property of SPLITIT, its acquiring bank or the Card network, as appropriate.
- Accuracy and Retention of Data.
You agree that you are solely responsible for verifying the accuracy and completeness of all Card Data submitted to us associated with your SPLITIT Account and verifying that all corresponding funds are accurately processed. Except as otherwise provided herein, we shall have no obligation to store, retain, report or otherwise provide any copies of or access to any records of Transactions or other Card Data collected or processed by us. You acknowledge that upon termination of this Merchant Agreement, we shall have no obligation to provide you with any Card Data
- Data Access.
You shall provide us with remote access to Card Data and to your applicable databases, and you shall maintain and update our database access protocols. You agree to authorise your credit and debit card payment processor(s) to provide us with unrestricted remote access to your credit and debit card payment processing information. You give us the right to access your payment gateway, SPLITIT account, and other reasonable methods for obtaining the Card Data, for use in providing the SPLITIT Services.
You authorise SPLITIT to act on its behalf to communicate with any person to assist in chargeback and retrieval resolution. You agree to provide all chargeback notifications to us within 48 hours of notification of such chargeback. Such notification must be electronically delivered in a manner directed by us in our current provision of the SPLITIT Services. We shall not be held accountable for any chargeback that is not received or if notification occurs outside of the 48 hour time period, unless agreed to in writing by us.
- Password Security.
SPLITIT will issue to the Merchant, or permit you to use, a user name and password to enable you and/or your employees and agents to access your SPLITIT account and to use the SPLITIT Services. You agree to restrict use and access to your password and log-on ID to your authorised employees and agents as may be reasonably necessary and will ensure that each such employee or agent is aware of and complies with the terms of this Merchant Agreement. You will not give, transfer, assign, sell, resell or otherwise dispose of the information and materials provided to you to utilise the SPLITIT Services. You are solely responsible for maintaining adequate security and control of any and all IDs, passwords, or any other codes that are issued to you by SPLITIT, each acquiring bank or the Card Network. Upon SPLITIT’s request, you shall provide SPLITIT with all available information regarding such authorised employees and agents. You shall cooperate in any inquiry regarding such authorised employees and agents.
If SPLITIT believes that a security breach or compromise of Card Data has occurred, SPLITIT may require you to engage, at your expense, a third party auditor selected by SPLITIT to conduct a security audit of your systems and facilities and issue a report to be provided to SPLITIT, the Acquiring Banks and the Card Network. In the event that you fail to initiate an audit within ten (10) days of SPLITIT’s request, SPLITIT may conduct or obtain such an audit at your expense, and you will fully cooperate with and provide prompt access to SPLITIT or its designee.
- TERM AND TERMINATION
This Merchant Agreement shall come into force upon your first use of the SPLITIT Platform and shall remain in full force and effect for an unlimited period of time, until otherwise terminated as provided below (the “Term“).
- By the Merchant.
You may terminate your use of the SPLITIT Services at any time upon 90 days written notice.
- By SPLITIT.
SPLITIT may terminate your use of the SPLITIT Services:
- Upon 60 days written notice for any reason;
- Upon 30 days written notice to you of our decision, acting reasonably, that you should become ineligible for the SPLITIT Services because there are a high level of notified risk factors associated with your SPLITIT Account and those risk factors are not removed or reduced to our reasonable satisfaction with the 30 days;
- If you fail to comply with the terms of this Merchant Agreement, or if you are unable to pay or perform, or if you refuse to perform any of your obligations under this Merchant Agreement, or under any of the SPLITIT agreements that apply to the SPLITIT Services, or to meet a request by Visa, MasterCard (or any other card association or network organisation related to cardholders and Transaction) and you do not rectify you default, or are unable to do so, within 5 business days’ notice to you of the relevant circumstance.
- Upon 30 days written notice, following the occurrence a Change in a Merchant Business (as this term is defined below).
- Change in a Merchant Business.
Upon the occurrence of any of the following events, SPLITIT may, in its sole discretion, modify the terms of this Merchant Agreement to address issues arising therefrom: (a) a change to the Rules or other applicable requirements of applicable card associations or network organisation; (b) if you transfer or sell any substantial part (10% or more) of your total shares, assets; (c) if you become insolvent or liquidate any party of your business; or (d) if you change the basic nature of your business, (each a “Change in a Merchant Business”). The Merchant agrees to provide SPLITIT sixty (60) days prior written notice of its intent to make a Change in a Merchant Business.
- Effect of Termination.
If your use of the SPLITIT Services is terminated, your use of the SPLITIT Services will immediately end. You agree to complete all pending Transactions, immediately remove all SPLITIT logos, and stop accepting new Transactions through the SPLITIT Platform. If your use of the SPLITIT Services is terminated, you will not be refunded any part of the Fees that you have paid for the SPLITIT Services. SPLITIT shall continue to process any remaining Instalments for existing Transactions, and you will continue to pay all fees for such Transactions until the last Instalment is received. In addition, you shall continue to pay monthly service fees and other applicable fees for thirty (30) days following the receipt of the last Instalment. Upon termination of this Merchant Agreement for any reason whatsoever, all rights and interests under this Merchant Agreement shall be extinguished and shall be given no further force nor effect, except that: (i) all accrued payment obligations hereunder, including any payment of finance charges, and related fees and charges, shall survive such expiration or termination; and (ii) the provisions of this Merchant Agreement relating to confidentiality, warranties, limitation of liability, indemnification, governing law, severability, headings and this paragraph shall survive termination or expiration of this Merchant Agreement.
- Limitation of Liability.
The SPLITIT Platform and the SPLITIT Services and all accompanying documentation are provided to you on an “as is” basis. To the extent permitted by law, the SPLITIT Platform and the SPLITIT Services are provided without any warranties, either express or implied, including without limitation any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. SPLITIT makes no warranty that the SPLITIT services will be continuous or error-free. The Merchant understands and agrees that due to the protracted repayment period and the risk of chargebacks, the SPLITIT Instalment processing solution is less secure than a traditional transaction. Fraud prevention is the Merchant’s sole responsibility, and SPLITIT is not responsible for any non-valid or fraudulent Transactions that are processed. Nothing in this Agreement limits or excludes either party’s liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by its negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
The Merchant further acknowledges and agrees that following the completion of the Transaction, Merchant shall have no right to pursue the Consumer for (1) non-payment of a debt; (2) any claim for damages; and (3) any rights relating to the use of the Merchant’s equipment.
- Exclusion of Consequential Damages.
Under no circumstances will we or any of our affiliates or vendors, officers, directors, employees, contractors or agents of the parties be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential or special damages however or whenever arising, including, without limitation damages for lost revenue, lost profits, anticipated profits, lost business, lost data or injury to business reputation or cost of procurement of substitute services, under any cause of action whether in contract or in tort, including negligence or otherwise, regardless of whether we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Our total liability to you, whether arising in tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise, under this Merchant Agreement or with regard to any services, shall not exceed the aggregate fees received by us for providing you with services during the year preceding the date on which the claim arose.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold SPLITIT, its affiliates, officers, directors and employees, agents, contractors harmless from any claim or demand (including attorneys’ fees) made or incurred by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Merchant Agreement and/or your use of the SPLITIT Platform or the SPLITIT Services accessed through the SPLITIT Platform.
- Assignments and Transferability.
The Merchant will not have the right or the power to assign any Merchant’s rights or delegate the performance of any of its obligations under this Merchant Agreement without the prior written consent of SPLITIT, which will not be unreasonably withheld. Any attempt by the Merchant to assign its rights or to delegate its obligations in violation of this paragraph shall be void. The Merchant agrees that SPLITIT will have the right to assign this Merchant Agreement to our successors and/or assigns (including but not limited to successors and/or assigns in connection with a merger, consolidation, sale of assets, or other change of control), subsidiaries, affiliates, Affiliate Partners and/or third party service providers without the Merchant’s prior written consent or notice. The Merchant acknowledges that the transferable rights of SPLITIT hereunder shall include, but shall not be limited to, the authority and right to debit the Merchant’s account(s) as described herein. SPLITIT will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide subsequent notice to the Merchant in the event of such assignment.
All notices to the Merchant shall be given electronically, sent to the electronic mail address provided by the Merchant during registration for the SPLITIT Services and/or posted in the merchant control panel of your SPLITIT account and shall be effective upon transmittal. All notices to SPLITIT shall be given electronically to info@SPLITIT.com. Such written notice will be deemed given upon personal delivery, upon confirmation of receipt if sent by e-mail, or five (5) days after the date of mailing if sent by certified or registered mail, postage prepaid. Any termination notice to SPLITIT shall be given electronically by sending an email to the Merchant’s authorised designee from within the merchant control panel of your SPLITIT account.
The failure of any party to insist on or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Merchant Agreement or to exercise any right or remedy under this Merchant Agreement or applicable law will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of the right to assert or rely upon any such provision, right or remedy in that or any other instance; rather, the same will be and remain in full force and effect. Waiver by either party of a breach of any provision contained herein must be in writing, and no such waiver will be construed as a waiver of any other and/or succeeding breach of such provision or a waiver of the provision itself.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction.
This Merchant Agreement (and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with the same) shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of New South Wales and subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Australia, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claims which may arise in connection with this Merchant Agreement and/or the SPLITIT Services provided hereunder (including in relation to any non-contractual obligations).
- Legal Fees.
Should it be necessary for SPLITIT to defend or enforce any of its rights under this Merchant Agreement in any legal action, the Merchant agrees to reimburse SPLITIT, as applicable, for all costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, as a result of such legal action. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Merchant agrees to reimburse SPLITIT, as applicable, for all costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, incurred by SPLITIT in enforcing or defending its rights under this Merchant Agreement, without regard to whether there has been an adjudication on the merits in any such action.
- Third party rights.
Nothing in this Merchant Agreement confers or is intended to confer a benefit enforceable by a person who is not a party to it.
Headings are used for convenience of reference only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of any section, or in any way affect this Merchant Agreement.
If any provision of this Merchant Agreement or portion thereof is held to be unenforceable, such a determination will not affect the remainder of this Merchant Agreement.
- Our Agreement.
This Merchant Agreement and Application, together with all of our policies referenced herein, set out the written agreement of the Parties, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written agreements between the Parties, as to the subject matter of this Merchant Agreement. You acknowledge that this Merchant Agreement reflects an informed, voluntary allocation between SPLITIT and you of all risks (both known and unknown) associated with the SPLITIT Services.
- Telephone Monitoring and Contacting Merchant.
From time to time SPLITIT may monitor and record telephone calls regarding the Merchant’s account to assure the quality of their service(s). The Merchant agrees, in order for SPLITIT to service the account or to collect any amounts the Merchant may owe, that SPLITIT may from time to time make calls and/or send e-mails and/or text messages to the Merchant, using pre-recorded/artificial voice messages and/or through the use of an automatic dialling device, at any telephone number associated with the Merchant’s account, including wireless telephone numbers that could result in charges to the Merchant, or at any email address the Merchant provides to SPLITIT.
Buyer Terms – Australia
Last Update: 3 of May 2019
- Buyer, whose name appears below (“Buyer”, “You”, or “Your), promises to pay the full amount of the agreed purchase price (“Purchase Price”) in a single deferred payment or in the number of equal instalment payments set out in the Recurring Instalment Payment Authorisation (“Authorisation”) to Seller (“Seller”, “We” or “Us”). Payment is to be made by the Seller charging the Purchase Price to the Buyer’s credit or debit card in a single deferred payment (“Deferred Payment”), or (where applicable) in the equal monthly instalment payments as set out in the Authorisation (each an “Instalment Payment”) for each month until the Purchase Price is paid in full. Where the Seller has agreed that the payment date for the Deferred Payment or the first Instalment Payment is to be deferred, the payment or first payment will be charged to the Buyer’s credit or debit card after the number of days or other period agreed at the time of the purchase and set out in the Authorisation.
- Authorisations to secure Instalment Payments and Deferred Payments
• Instalment Payments. If Buyer is paying the Purchase Price by Instalment Payments, then Buyer authorises Seller to obtain and hold authorisations against Buyer’s credit or debit card (as provided to Seller) for the outstanding balance of the Purchase Price from time to time, as adjusted at the time of each Instalment Payment, until the Purchase Price has been paid in full to Seller. If an Instalment Payment is not paid or received by Seller then (as provided for in clause 7 below) Seller may elect to charge the Buyer’s credit or debit card (as applicable) with the remaining outstanding balance of the Purchase Price.
• Deferred Payments. If Buyer is paying the Purchase Price by a Deferred Payment, then Buyer authorises Seller to obtain and hold one or more successive authorisations against Buyer’s credit or debit card (as provided to Seller) for the outstanding balance of the Purchase Price and for the deferred payment period set out in the Authorisation. If a Deferred Payment has not been paid to Seller at the expiry of agreed deferral period then Buyer’s credit or debit card (as applicable) will be charged the outstanding balance of the Purchase Price.
- Buyer understands that each authorisation will remain in effect until it is cancelled or replaced by a new and/or adjusted authorisation. Buyer acknowledges that Seller obtaining the authorisations provided for in these Buyer Terms may adversely impact Buyer’s available credit on Buyer’s credit or debit card. Buyer agrees that the Seller shall not be liable for any resulting adverse consequences to Buyer.
- Buyer agrees to notify Seller in writing via Buyer’s user account at support@Splitit.com of any changes to Buyer’s credit or debit card account information or of the termination of any authorisation. Seller will update such information and process such notification within 30 days after Seller’s receipt of such notification. Buyer understands that an Instalment Payment or Deferred Payment may be authorised and charged on the next business day after the day that the amount was payable.
- Buyer understands and acknowledges that where any Instalment Payment or Deferred Payment has been charged to Your credit card, in or towards payment of the Purchase Price, Your credit card provider will separately charge You interest on the outstanding balance under Your credit card account, where the whole of that outstanding balance of Your credit card account has not been repaid within the interest free period (where applicable) allowed for by Your credit card provider. Where interest is or becomes payable on Your outstanding balance of Your credit card account, Your credit card provider will charge You interest at the Annual Percentage Rate stated in Your credit card contract, and You will continue to be charged such interest until the outstanding balance is repaid in full. You will need to take this into account when deciding to pay Instalment Payments, or any Deferred Payment amount, with Your credit Card.
- In the case of a payment request being rejected for any reason by the Buyer’s card issuer, Buyer understands that Seller may, in its discretion, attempt to process the charge again within Seven (7) days.
- In the event that Buyer’s card issuer fails to pay an Instalment Payment for any reason, and fails to do so for at least 2 Business days after a payment request initiated by Seller, Seller (at its discretion) may charge Buyer’s credit or debit card (as identified in the Authorisation) at any time for the outstanding balance of the Purchase Price.
- In consideration for the payment processing services provided by Splitit Payments Ltd (“Splitit”) to Seller, Buyer agrees that Splitit will have the right to communicate with Buyer via e-mail (or other means). This provision is operational for not less than five (5) years from the date of the initial authorisation.
- Buyer acknowledges and understands that Splitit may use fraud detection technologies or other similar preventative tools of third parties in connection with transaction authorisations. In the event that Splitit, or any third party on behalf of Splitit, identifies or reasonably suspects any illegal or fraudulent activity, or other credit risk, associated with a transaction or proposed transaction related to a Buyer, then such transaction may not be processed, may be limited, or may be declined by Splitit or the Buyer, or by both of them.
- Buyer understands that Splitit is not a party to this Agreement, which is solely between Buyer and Seller.
- Buyer understands and agrees that Splitit is not responsible for the delivery and quality of goods purchased in the transaction for which the Purchase Price is payable.
- Buyer certifies that Buyer is an authorised user of the credit or debit card detailed in the Authorisation and to be used for the Instalment Payments or Deferred Payment.
- Buyer agrees that if delivery of the goods or services is not made at the time of execution of this Agreement, the description of the goods or services and the due date of the first Instalment may be inserted by Seller in Seller’s counterpart of the contract after it has been signed by Buyer.
- If any provision of this contract is determined to be invalid, it shall not affect the remaining provisions hereof.
- Third party rights. Nothing in this Agreement confers or is intended to confer a benefit enforceable by a person who is not a party to it.
- Governing Law. This Agreement (and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with the same) shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Australia and the courts of Australia shall have jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claims which may arise in connection with this Agreement (including in relation to any non-contractual obligations).