Policies and Charters
SPLITIT LTD (Company)
This diversity policy applies to the Company’s board of directors (Board), officers and employees (Personnel).
The Company has a strong commitment to diversity and recognises the value of attracting and retaining Personnel with different backgrounds, knowledge, experiences and abilities. The Company recognises that diversity not only encompasses gender but extends to age, ethnicity, religious or cultural background, language, marital or family status, and disability. Diversity contributes to the Company’s business success and benefits individuals, clients, teams, shareholders and stakeholders.
Our business policies, practices and behaviours promote diversity and equal opportunity and create an environment where individual differences are valued and all Personnel have the opportunity to realise their potential and contribute to the Company’s success.
What is Diversity?
Diversity recognises and values the contribution of people with differences in background, experience and perspectives. At the Company, diversity means:
- an inclusive workplace that embraces individual differences;
- a workplace that is free from discriminatory behaviours and business practices including discrimination, harassment, bullying, victimisation and vilification;
- equitable frameworks and policies, processes and practices that limit potential unconscious bias;
- equal employment opportunities based on capability and performance;
- awareness of the different needs of employees;
- the provision of flexible work practices and policies to support employees; and
- attraction and retention of a diverse range of talented people.
The Company aspires to achieve the objectives in this policy and aims to embed a strong diversity framework within its systems and culture.
The Board is responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation of this diversity policy.
The directors of the Company will be responsible for promoting diversity within the Company’s culture and monitoring the effectiveness of this diversity policy. The Company recognises that it needs to provide management with appropriate guidance in order to foster a value for diversity within its management culture. To achieve this, the Company is committed to providing its management with the appropriate training and resources to understand the benefits of diversity in recruitment strategies and day-to-day management strategies. The Board will also be required to develop initiatives that will promote and achieve diversity goals.
Remuneration and Nomination Committee’s Responsibilities
The Remuneration and Nomination Committee (if any) is responsible for reviewing this diversity policy and will provide the Board with an annual report on the status of diversity within the Company and the effectiveness of the measurable objectives for achieving gender diversity.
All Personnel are required to act in a manner that supports diversity within the workplace and promotes the objectives set out in this diversity policy. Employees are encouraged to provide feedback to management regarding programs or initiatives which will improve the Company’s approach to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The Company recognises that gender diversity amongst its Personnel:
- broadens the pool of high-quality directors and employees;
- is likely to support employee retention;
- is likely to encourage greater innovation by drawing on different perspectives;
- is a socially and economically responsible governance practice; and
- will improve the Company’s corporate reputation.
Subject to the size and operations of the Company, the Board may adopt measureable objectives to assist the Company to achieve gender diversity and review the Company’s progress in meeting these objectives and the effectiveness of these objectives each year.
The Remuneration and Nomination Committee (if applicable) is responsible for:
- recommending such measureable objectives to the Board in light of the Company’s general selection policy for Personnel; and
- reporting to the Board on the Company’s progress towards achieving its measurable objectives each year. This report will include a review of the relative proportions of men and women at all levels in the organisation.
Select your business type
Tailored to businesses with over $2 million annual sales
Please get in touch and our dedicated sales team will contact you shortly.
Up to $2m
Get started today with our self-onboarding portal, perfect for businesses with up to $2 million annual sales.
Create your Splitit business account and easily add Splitit to your Ecommerce store.
Use your existing credit card without the interest
You don’t need an account to use Splitit. Find us at the checkout at your favorite stores.